5.07.2007

Ok, so....not so much.

Alright. My "take my own pics" idea did not work out so well. At least they liked the cover....
So, back to square one (ok, maybe 1.5) and I'm figure something out, i hope.
I have decided that i really suck at this. It's ok, and i love the support yall give me when i say "i really suck at this" but i know i really suck at this. Like steve told me on saturday, i have the instinct (i think) but my biggest problem is lack of training. I know how to write, i know how to use all the needed programs (not as well as dave, but, how can i mess with a master like that?), but i don't have any clue how to put it on the paper. I spend too much time fretting over what should be second nature, or at least some level of knowledge so i don't have the time or patience to work through the normal kind of issues that arise.
But im not one to give up so easily (alright, i did have that one episode during the semester, but didnt we all?). This summer im going to get some books, study magazines, and really study all the basics of layout and graphic design. I'm going to eat sleep and breath it. So when fall comes around i'll be better equipped to handle it. I just have to get through the next two weeks....

2 comments:

Emily said...

So you're going from eat/sleep/breathe Words & Images to eat/sleep/breathe graphic design...Should be real culture shock there. My goal is to become Master of the Pen Tool this summer. Probably I'll really spend it watching DVDs and staring blankly at the wall, since I'm so freaking tired.

Stephen said...

I have similar feelings about writing. I'm not bad, but I'm insecure and feel very ill-equipped. This class has shown me that good writers don't necessarily have "second nature" skills -- they stay alert, constantly strive to understand the structure of writing, and rewrite, rewrite, rewrite.

It gives me a little hope.